1. Given Sarah’s situation, can you understand her decision to adopt a baby? Do you think Will is justified in his advice? What advice would you give her?
2. Will explains to Sarah that he feels he needs to bust out and live a bigger, more significant life in New York. Can you understand what he means? Have you ever experienced that need? What did you do about it?
3. Can you understand Sarah’s generosity with Nate and Tessa after what happened? What would you have done? Why or why not?
4. Will expects Sarah’s family to be the very people to talk her out of adopting Bella. Why didn’t they? What would you have done in a similar situation?
5. Have you ever been at a crossroads in your own life like Sarah and Will face in this book? When? How did you make your choice? Did you ask God to help with your decision? Do you feel you made the right one? Do you sometimes question the choice you made? Why?
6. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.” Do you sometimes struggle to do this? Why or why not?